From: Robert Welz <welz@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to execute some scripts after an emerge
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 03:29:21
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen schrieb:
2 >
3 > On Saturday 07 October 2006 03:16, Robert Welz wrote:
4 >
5 > > Are there hooks in portage with which I can execute some scripts after
6 >
7 > > an emerge -u world? I need to check my libraries in the chroot jail :) I
8 >
9 > > build for boinc today against their original counterparts in the file
10 >
11 > > system. This would be nicer than having a cronjob looking after them at
12 >
13 > > fixed intervals.
14 >
15 > [SNIP]
16 >
17 > Please explain what that script does, when exactly it is supposed to
18 > run and why you think it needs to use a hook in portage...
19 >
20 Yes. I have 14 xen domains + 2 domUs and several services. Some of them
21 must run chrooted so I need to execute a script which compares
22 /chroot/boinc/etc /chroot/boinc/lib and so with their corresponding
23 files in /etc /lib and so. Thats the easy part. But having a hook
24 configurable in make.conf like this would maintaining the script easier:
25
26 PORTAGE_POST_EXECUTE="/root/bin/mychroottester.sh" should fire when
27 emerge is totally done.
28
29 I understand that I can have a /etc/portage/bashrc but
30
31 if [[ ${EBUILD_PHASE} == "postinst" ]]; then ...
32
33 would fire after each package emerged. Maybe having a variable to test
34 against which shows that the execution of portage is all done
35 would do it. So if the last package is emerged and installed
36 if [[ ${EBUILD_ALL_INSTALLED} == "true" ]]
37 then /root/bin/mychroottester.sh
38 fi
39 would give a fine hook to execute my script or email notifications with
40 "Software update done" messages and whatever one likes.
41
42 What do you think?
43
44 Greetings,
45 Robert
46
47 > > Sorry for posting twice,
48 >
49 > > but last mail seems to been lost somewhere.
50 >
51 > As you can see e.g. at [1] it wasn't lost. In fact it had two replies
52 > within the first 30 minutes.
53 >
54 What is the right mail address and is the "sometimes lost email bug" on
55 both?
56 gentoo-user@l.g.o or gentoo-user@g.o ?
57
58 Rob