From: Timur Aydin <ta@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [asking again] keyboard/mouse woes on 2.6 kernel
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:02:43
1 Martins Steinbergs <mar@××.lv> writes:
2
3 > mouse support is built into kernel (now in 2.6.13-rc7), not module, xorg has
4 > correct entry
5 > ill try live_cd, maybe find something interesting
8 I have reinstalled gentoo 2005.1 (network install with stage1). The
9 system is currently using devfs and my mouse problem is still there,
10 exactly the same way as before. So, my theory about udev being the
11 culprit is out the window.
12
13 I have tried booting from the livecd. I wasn't able to run X with this
14 configuration, but I tried issuing the "cat /dev/input/mice"
15 command. With the livecd, there is data coming back when I turn the
16 mouse wheel. When I boot into the gentoo that is installed on the
17 harddisk and do the same thing, no data comes back when I turn the
18 mouse wheel.
19
20 As a result, I am almost certain that this is related to the kernel
21 configuration. Continuing the search...
24 Timur Aydin
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list