From: Martins Steinbergs <mar@××.lv>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [asking again] keyboard/mouse woes on 2.6 kernel
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:40:17
1 mouse support is built into kernel (now in 2.6.13-rc7), not module, xorg has
2 correct entry
3 ill try live_cd, maybe find something interesting
4
5 martins
6
7 On Friday 26 August 2005 16:41, inferno wrote:
8 > Hi,
9 >
10 > I had that problem also ( mouse going crazy and keyboard was not
11 > responding ( my chipset was nForce 2 on the motherboard )) and there are
12 > to ways to fix it:( from my point of view).
13 > First try with the live cd and see if you still get the same
14 > problems and if not probably you have something done wrong you could try
15 > a genkernel and see if with the new kernel is doing the same thing and
16 > if not and you do not like the genkernel see what modules are enabled
17 > and try to build your kernel with manual.
18 > In xorg I have the mouse device : Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
19 > Hope it helps since with my computer it worked with a new kernel
20 > emerged and manually configured.
21 >
22 > Best regards
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list