From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question regarding UTF-8 settings
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 11:43:26
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> [11-08-28 13:08]:
2 > On Sunday 28 Aug 2011 09:51:36 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > following this guide:
6 > > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/utf-8.xml
7 > >
8 > > Doing a
9 > >
10 > > locale -a | grep de_DE | grep utf
11 > >
12 > > I got:
13 > >
14 > > de_DE.utf8
15 > >
16 > > .
17 > >
18 > > Then I created the file
19 > >
20 > > /etc/init.d/02locale
21 >
22 > Hmm ... you probably want to create /etc/env.d/02locale instead.
23 >
24 > Then set in it:
25 >
26 > LC_LANG=de_DE.utf8
27 >
28 > and perhaps:
29 >
30 > LC_TIME="POSIX"
31 > LC_COLLATE="C"
32 >
33 > and things should hopefully work out as intended after you run env-update or
34 > logout/login.
35 >
36 > --
37 > Regards,
38 > Mick
41 Hi Mick,
42
43 ....I did create /etc/env.d/02locale...I only confused it in my
44 posting...
45
46 Now I have changed, what you have suggested, but mutt still has
47 problems with the "arrows" when displaying threads.
48 Is there any other fix known regarding mutt?
49
50 Best regards and thank you for your help in advance!
51 mcc