From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question regarding UTF-8 settings
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 15:52:40
1 On Sunday 28 Aug 2011 12:41:54 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> [11-08-28 13:08]:
3 > > On Sunday 28 Aug 2011 09:51:36 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 > > > Hi,
5 > > >
6 > > > following this guide:
7 > > > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/utf-8.xml
8 > > >
9 > > > Doing a
10 > > >
11 > > > locale -a | grep de_DE | grep utf
12 > > >
13 > > > I got:
14 > > > de_DE.utf8
15 > > >
16 > > > .
17 > > >
18 > > > Then I created the file
19 > > >
20 > > > /etc/init.d/02locale
21 > >
22 > > Hmm ... you probably want to create /etc/env.d/02locale instead.
23 > >
24 > > Then set in it:
25 > >
26 > > LC_LANG=de_DE.utf8
27 > >
28 > > and perhaps:
29 > >
30 > > LC_TIME="POSIX"
31 > > LC_COLLATE="C"
32 > >
33 > > and things should hopefully work out as intended after you run env-update
34 > > or logout/login.
35 >
36 > Hi Mick,
37 >
38 > ....I did create /etc/env.d/02locale...I only confused it in my
39 > posting...
40 >
41 > Now I have changed, what you have suggested, but mutt still has
42 > problems with the "arrows" when displaying threads.
43 > Is there any other fix known regarding mutt?
44
45 Although I'm using mrxvt as a terminal I do not use mutt. Where is mutt
46 picking up its encoding for those arrows? Could it be that they are hard
47 coded somehow in it? Sorry I can't suggest anything more useful on this
48 problem ...
51 Regards,
52 Mick