From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vsftpd anonymous upload illegal PORT command
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 23:08:46
1 On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 04:09:15PM +0100, Mick wrote
2 > On Thursday 03 Aug 2017 08:13:18 Walter Dnes wrote:
3
4 > > anon_root=/home/ftp
5 >
6 > Is this writeable?
7
8 If I do make it writeable, I get...
9
10 500 OOPS: vsftpd: refusing to run with writable root inside chroot()
11
12 Damned if I do; damned if I don't.
13
14 > For these kind of jobs I tend to default to netcat (nc) or socat
15 > in listening mode, because of its simplicity. However, I am not
16 > familiar with OS/2 to know what it comes with. If it has busybox or
17 > you can install it there you can use busybox nc and/or busybox ftpd.
18
19 I'm trying to transfer a turn-based video game (Galactic Civilizations
20 2.5) from an OS/2 Warp 3.5 VM to modern, but backwards-compatible
21 ArcaOS5 https://www.arcanoae.com/arcaos/ atftpd seems to be the answer.
22 Both the old OS/2 and the new ArcaOS5 have a tftp client. I've got both
23 of them talking with atftpd on my Gentoo desktop, and it's transferring
24 data as I type.
25
26 Having said that, I really want to get an ftp server working, as a
27 matter of principle. Please post your vsftpd.conf, and the output of
28 "ls -al /home/ftp" to give me an idea of what I'm doing wrong.
31 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
32 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications