From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] stable java virtuals require unstable java packages
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 06:10:00
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Turns out the virtual is working as designed - see Andreas's post
3 > above I recall now a discussion on -dev about this ages ago, and a
4 > consensus emerged then to keep things as they currently are (changing
5 > it requires much effort and has all manner of effects on the tree).
6 > The actual rule is: A virtual can (by definition) be stable as soon as
7 > one of its providers is stable.
8
9 So if we really don't want one of the other packages that satisfies what
10 the virtual needs, we need to mask the others locally?
11
12 Great. :/
13
14 Dale