From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Process to resize ext3 file system at the command line?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 00:23:00
1 On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 16:13:09 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > > Do you have separately partitioned drives with those partitions
4 > > arranged into single-partition arrays, or do you have one RAID device
5 > > that is then partitioned?
6 > >
7 > > If the latter, you should certainly work with the md device.
8 > >
9 > > I prefer to avoid all this confusion by creating a large, single
10 > > partition array that I use an an LVM physical volume.
11 >
12 > Separately partitioned drives arranged into RAID arrays.
13
14 So you have three partitions arranged into a single RAID5 partition,
15 say /dev/md1?
16
17 In that case, the size of /dev/md1 should already be correct and you only
18 need to resize the filesystem and you should ignore my witterings about
19 fdisk that filed to take into account your use of RAID.
20 resize2fs /dev/md1 should be all you need, you shouldn't even need to
21 unmount the filesystem.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 Top Oxymorons Number 12: Plastic glasses