From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tips for fresh install with GRUB2+RAID1+LVM2
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 17:04:44
1 On 20 May 2015 18:46:26 CEST, Bob Wya <bob.mt.wya@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >On Wed, 20 May 2015 16:09 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 >I followed the instructions in
6 >https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GRUB2_Migration
7 >,
8 >after copying my grub.conf as you suggested, but when I rebooted, the
9 >GRUB2
10 >menu text was minuscule, it only included one of the five kernel lines
11 >it
12 >should have, and when it ran it didn't start my RAID devices.
13 >
14 >As I said before, maybe later. I need to find out far more about GRUB2
15 >before i
16 >dive in, and that's not for today.
17 >
18 >--
19 >Rgds
20 >Peter
23 >Personally I feel the Grub 2 OS detection script sucks really badly. So
24 >much so that I completely re-wrote it so I got proper entries for my
25 >various Windows installs (version accurately detected using chntpw) and
26 >multiple Linux distros (sorted/detailed listings for all available
27 >kernel
28 >versions). OCD probably - but much easier to navigate! One day I might
29 >try
30 >and open a dialogue with Upstream... ;-)
31 >
32 >Robert
33
34 Can you share that script with us?
35 I am interested in a decent one myself.
36
37 Thanks,
38
39 Joost
40 --
41 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.