From: Bob Wya <bob.mt.wya@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tips for fresh install with GRUB2+RAID1+LVM2
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 16:46:36
1 On Wed, 20 May 2015 16:09 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 I followed the instructions in https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GRUB2_Migration
5 ,
6 after copying my grub.conf as you suggested, but when I rebooted, the GRUB2
7 menu text was minuscule, it only included one of the five kernel lines it
8 should have, and when it ran it didn't start my RAID devices.
9
10 As I said before, maybe later. I need to find out far more about GRUB2
11 before i
12 dive in, and that's not for today.
15 Rgds
16 Peter
19 Personally I feel the Grub 2 OS detection script sucks really badly. So
20 much so that I completely re-wrote it so I got proper entries for my
21 various Windows installs (version accurately detected using chntpw) and
22 multiple Linux distros (sorted/detailed listings for all available kernel
23 versions). OCD probably - but much easier to navigate! One day I might try
24 and open a dialogue with Upstream... ;-)
25
26 Robert