From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] scrollback using framebuffer
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 06:02:31
2 > CONFIG_FB=y
3 > CONFIG_FB_BOOT_VESA_SUPPORT=y
4 > CONFIG_FB_CFB_FILLRECT=y
5 > CONFIG_FB_CFB_COPYAREA=y
6 > CONFIG_FB_CFB_IMAGEBLIT=y
7 > CONFIG_FB_VESA=y
8 > CONFIG_VGACON_SOFT_SCROLLBACK=y
9 > CONFIG_VGACON_SOFT_SCROLLBACK_SIZE=256
10
11 Identical to mine.
12
13 > I have no settings for scrollback on the kernel command line, just this to
14 > set
15 > the resolution etc:
16 >
17 > vga=0x37D ywrap mtrr:4
18
19 Sure about this? 0x37D is not a recognized mode. Are you missing some
20 punctuation?
21
22 my line is: video=vesafb:ywrap,mtrr vga=0x318. Is this syntax
23 correct? There seems to be a variety out there. Mine only scrolls a
24 few lines, doesn't matter If I give scrollback 128 or 256k. But there
25 are no errors, so I must be doing something right. Tried ypan too, no
26 luck.
27
28 mw