From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LC_ALL etc. not set when sshing into TMux
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 21:41:30
1 On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 21:11:14 +0200, Bertram Scharpf wrote:
2
3 > after upgrading to an admittedly masked TMux 2.2,
4
5 2.2 isn't masked, although it is keyworded. These are two very different
6 things.
7
8 > when I want
9 > to ssh into it I get the following message:
10 >
11 > $ ssh -t gentoohost tmux attach
12 > tmux: need UTF-8 locale (LC_CTYPE) but have ANSI_X3.4-1968
13
14 I got hit by this a couple of weeks ago.
15
16 > Probably I could get rid of the error message by SSH's
17 > SendEnv feature, but this would be just a workaround.
18
19 That is exactly the solution that worked for me
20
21 SendEnv LANG LC_*
22
23 in ssh_config
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 Q. How many radical feminists does it take to change a light bulb?
30 A. Two - one to change the bulb and one to write a book about the passive
31 role of the socket.