From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Should I install pulseaudio to solve my phonon audio problems?
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 05:01:13
1 On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM, Michael Trausch <mike@×××××××.us> wrote:
2 > Yes.
3 >
4 > I have to change it to 4.1 and then back to 5.1 after every song finishes
5 > playing.
6 >
7 > It has been that way ever since the first time I encountered it in Ubuntu
8 > years back.
9
10 It has never done that to me. Which music player do you use? It
11 happens with every one? I use Rhythmbox, Totem, Mplayer2, and of
12 course I watch videos in YouTube in Chromium; nothing even remotely
13 similar has ever happened to me. But if it happens "after every song",
14 maybe the music player somehow changes the setting? It sounds fishy,
15 but PA should not change the setting by itself.
16
17 Anyhow, I'm a perfectly happy 5.1 surround user with PulseAudio since
18 at least two years.
19
20 Regards.
21 --