From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel-3.4.4 No USB Keyboard [Solved]
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 17:09:56
1 On Sun, 1 Jul 2012 12:39:07 -0400
2 Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
5 > After configuring with the same .config file that I used for 3.4.0,
6 > the new 3.4.4 kernel boots but it cannot read the USB keyboard.
7 > Presumably the USB mouse is also affected.
10 The problem has been traced to a certain configuration parameter.
11
12 In the "General setup" options for kernel .config file, there
13 is an option called "Configure standard kernel features (expert users)."
14 There is also an associated admonition: "Only use this if you really
15 know what you are doing."
16
17 Since the help descriptions for these options are fairly easy to understand
18 I decided to manually set some of these options. For reasons that I
19 can't understand this caused the USB problems. Setting this option
20 to "No" fixed everything and now the kernel-3.4.4 works nicely.
21
22 It would be beneficial if anyone who truly is an "expert" could comment
23 on how setting these options could wreck the USB system.
24
25 Frank Peters