From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] is anyone using Nouveau graphics driver ?
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 19:11:33
1 On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 9:47 AM, Andrey F. <ma3oxuct@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > My experience is the same. Things are super fast with Nouveau, but the
3 > random system-wide lock ups were unbearable. I'm a KDE plasma user as well.
4 > My last experience was about 6 months ago.
5 >
6 > I wonder if there is anything we can do to help solve the lockup issues in
7 > the long run with Nouveau.
10 I experienced these lockups using Plasma without Nouveau (in a VM,
11 with the VBox drivers). Is everyone sure it is Nouveau that is to
12 blame?
13
14 My understanding is it works perfectly save some of the advanced 3D rendering.
15
16 Cheers,
17 R0b0t1