From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Allow work from home?
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 19:08:10
1 On Sunday 17 Jan 2016 13:10:42 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 1:03 PM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > > I would prefer a method that is independent of OS used. And provides
4 > > server side limitations with regards to filesharing and clipboard access.
5 > x2go is just X11, so it should be OS-independent as long as you have a
6 > client/server for it. It just logs in as the appropriate user on the
7 > remote host, so access beyond that is whatever you'd get if you just
8 > logged in on a console.
9 >
10 > Now, I can't vouch for how many OSes anybody has bothered to implement it
11 > on.
12
13 I am not sure what Grant's requirements are, but I would think that devs will
14 require their own desktop environment and OS instance, rather than x2go's
15 shared OS. Instead of a remote display presentation layer, how could one
16 setup a fully virtualised desktop?
19 Regards,
20 Mick