From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ATI driver, tvout, blue video window
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 03:17:26
1 I have installed gentoo on a gateway laptop, with an ATI mobility 9000
2 radeon video adaptor. Once I have xorg installed, and ati-drivers
3 (proprietary), tvout was pretty easy to set up using ati's setup
4 utility, fglrxconfig and a couple of easy changes to
5 /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
6
7 However, I am having trouble trying to show my classes a dvd, because
8 on the TV, the video frame is completely solidly dark blue.
9
10 Preliminary investigation suggests this may be related to "xv". I
11 don't understand this, and my attempts to edit some parameters in
12 xorg.conf have failed. I followed an instruction on one of the
13 howtos or faqs to not enable dri in the kernel.
14
15 Where can I find a relatively understandable explantion of this
16 effect? I saw a similar behavior with xinerama and a Matrox G450 with
17 two heads: one head didn't show the graphics in the frame in some
18 cases.
19
20 Thanks!
21