From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Resetting the root passwd
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 02:02:45
1 On Jan 16, 2012 12:58 AM, "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 06:30:03AM -0500, Tanstaafl wrote
4 >
5 > > This is nothing like changing the port for SSH - a port scanner can
6 > > figure that one out in seconds...
7 >
8 > A real BOFH would set up a dummy instance of sshd on the regular port,
9 > as well as a real sshd instance on another port. The dummy instance
10 > could be set up to always fail the login attempt, and with special
11 > iptable rules to not clutter up your logfile.
14 And don't forget to put the false sshd through a tc rule that chokes the
15 return traffic to 1 cps B-)
16
17 Of course, being the "real sysadmin" a.k.a lazy slob that I am, that's way
18 too much work for not enough bastardly pleasure... I can't gleefully see
19 the face of people trapped in the tc hell :-P
20
21 Rgds,