From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Resetting the root passwd
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 00:02:33
1 On Monday 16 Jan 2012 01:35:04 Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 > On Jan 16, 2012 12:58 AM, "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > > On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 06:30:03AM -0500, Tanstaafl wrote
4 > >
5 > > > This is nothing like changing the port for SSH - a port scanner can
6 > > > figure that one out in seconds...
7 > >
8 > > A real BOFH would set up a dummy instance of sshd on the regular port,
9 > >
10 > > as well as a real sshd instance on another port. The dummy instance
11 > > could be set up to always fail the login attempt, and with special
12 > > iptable rules to not clutter up your logfile.
13 >
14 > And don't forget to put the false sshd through a tc rule that chokes the
15 > return traffic to 1 cps B-)
16 >
17 > Of course, being the "real sysadmin" a.k.a lazy slob that I am, that's way
18 > too much work for not enough bastardly pleasure... I can't gleefully see
19 > the face of people trapped in the tc hell :-P
22 Can you set up tc by port? I thought it is only applicable to an interface.
23 I need to brush up on this one day.
24 --
25 Regards,
26 Mick