From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Amorok and getting started.
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:30:42
1 On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:00:18 -0500
2 Dale Dale wrote:
3
4 > I did figure out what I did earlier. Tell me if you think I am doing
5 > wrong here. When I insert a CD, the window pops up on what to do. I
6 > select 'extract and encode'. Then it saves it to ~/wav when I tell it
7 > to 'rip' them. I then move it to my music directory ~/music. After
8 > that, Amarok picks it right up and they play fine.
9
10 Well, I'm not sure if I've understood you, but I simply put audiocd://
11 in konqueror and the copy ogg/mp3 folder to wherever I want...
14 > The only thing that I do not like is this. I have to use the PCM
15 > slider to control my music volume which also controls the volume of
16 > the sound of notifications in KDE too. So when I turn up the music
17 > volume it seems to turn up everything else too. Any way around this?
18
19 amarok has its own volume control. "Winkey" and "+" or "Winkey" and
20 "-"
21
22 > Now to move my OS to another drive without messing up anything. ;-)
23 > Wish me luck.
24 good luck!
25
26 > Thanks
27 >
28 > Dale
29 Cheers!
32 Arnau Bria
33 http://blog.emergetux.net
34 Wiggum: Dispara a las ruedas Lou.
35 Lou: eee, es un tanque jefe.
36 Wiggum: Me tienes hartito con todas tus excusas.
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list