From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Amorok and getting started.
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:07:10
1 Robin Atwood wrote:
4 > By default amarok uses a built-in copy of SQlite, so you don't really need MySQL unless
5 > you use it for something else. Postgres is not supported. Rip your CDs with k3b.
6 >
7 > HTH
8 > -Robin.
9
10 Thanks for the info. I noticed the first time I started amarok that
11 postgres was not even running but it didn't seem to notice it. I don't
12 remember emergeing it either but I may have.
13
14 I did figure out what I did earlier. Tell me if you think I am doing
15 wrong here. When I insert a CD, the window pops up on what to do. I
16 select 'extract and encode'. Then it saves it to ~/wav when I tell it
17 to 'rip' them. I then move it to my music directory ~/music. After
18 that, Amarok picks it right up and they play fine.
19
20 The only thing that I do not like is this. I have to use the PCM slider
21 to control my music volume which also controls the volume of the sound
22 of notifications in KDE too. So when I turn up the music volume it
23 seems to turn up everything else too. Any way around this?
24
25 Thanks for the help. Sometimes I just need a little help getting
26 started. I'm disabled so time is something I have to much of sometimes.
27 I like to tinker with my rig.
28
29 Now to move my OS to another drive without messing up anything. ;-)
30 Wish me luck.
31
32 Thanks
33