From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Amorok and getting started.
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:47:07
1 On 25 October 2006 15:00, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I did figure out what I did earlier. Tell me if you think I am doing
4 > wrong here. When I insert a CD, the window pops up on what to do. I
5 > select 'extract and encode'. Then it saves it to ~/wav when I tell it
6 > to 'rip' them. I then move it to my music directory ~/music. After
7 > that, Amarok picks it right up and they play fine.
8 >
9 > The only thing that I do not like is this. I have to use the PCM slider
10 > to control my music volume which also controls the volume of the sound
11 > of notifications in KDE too. So when I turn up the music volume it
12 > seems to turn up everything else too. Any way around this?
13
14 Whether amaroK (or any other application) plays a sound file (your music) or
15 the system plays a sound file (system notifications) doesn't matter, it *is*
16 the same source. So the same volume settings apply. No way around that.
17
18 You can, though, control amaroK's volume to a certain extent in amaroK itself.
19 Try to put amaroK's internal control to 100% and drop PCM a bit lower. It
20 might help though I doubt it will help much. (Don't know for sure because I
21 don't use system notifications.)
22
23 Uwe
26 Mark Twain: I rather decline two drinks than a German adjective.
27 http://www.SysEx.com.na
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list