From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: network scanner not seen by xsane on *some* systems
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 15:14:00
1 On 07/07/2012 07:33 AM, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > Moreover the new printer entry in cups fails to print a test page (the
3 > old, cups-installed, entry continues to work).
4
5 <sigh> Once again I forgot my number-one fallback move: I always delete
6 all the existing printer devices after upgrading cups (or hplip) and run
7 hp-setup to reinstall them. It has fixed many similar printing mysteries
8 for me in the past.
9
10 If in doubt, back up all of your cups configuration files first :)