From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: DVD "FUSE decrypter" to allow non-DeCSS players to work with encrypted DVDs?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 19:07:16
1 On 2010-06-23, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 1:18 PM, Grant Edwards
3 ><grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> On 2010-06-23, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Let's say I have DVD playing software that can only play unencrypted
7 >>> DVDs (either as ISO images or as mounted trees), and I want to use it
8 >>> to play an encrypted DVD.
9 >>>
10 >>> Is there any sort of FUSE+libdvdread+libdvddecss utility that can be
11 >>> pointed at an encrypted DVD and then present to user-space apps
12 >>> an unencrypted-filesystem-tree-view of that DVD?
13 >>
14 >> Ah, I think I found a likely candidate:
15 >>
16 >> http://jspenguin.org:81/dvdfs/
17 >> http://forum.opentvix.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=281
18 >>
19 >> Not sure how I missed this in my first round of googling.
20 >
21 > Here's an alternative but similar-looking solution:
22 > http://www.daemoninc.com/dvdreadfs/
23
24 Cool. That one looks a little more friendly in that you can
25 apparently leave it "mounted" all the time. With dvdfs, it looks like
26 you need a daemon running to mount/unmount dvdfs when media changes.
29 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! ... I don't like FRANK
30 at SINATRA or his CHILDREN.
31 gmail.com