From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: DVD "FUSE decrypter" to allow non-DeCSS players to work with encrypted DVDs?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 19:06:25
1 On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 1:18 PM, Grant Edwards
2 <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On 2010-06-23, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Let's say I have DVD playing software that can only play unencrypted
6 >> DVDs (either as ISO images or as mounted trees), and I want to use it
7 >> to play an encrypted DVD.
8 >>
9 >> Is there any sort of FUSE+libdvdread+libdvddecss utility that can be
10 >> pointed at an encrypted DVD and then present to user-space apps
11 >> an unencrypted-filesystem-tree-view of that DVD?
12 >
13 > Ah, I think I found a likely candidate:
14 >
15 > http://jspenguin.org:81/dvdfs/
16 > http://forum.opentvix.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=281
17 >
18 > Not sure how I missed this in my first round of googling.
19
20 Here's an alternative but similar-looking solution:
21 http://www.daemoninc.com/dvdreadfs/