From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: What is starting net.eth1 [not in rc-update]
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 21:26:36
1 On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:39:57 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > Well that kind of sucks. I don't use eth1 often but I do want it in
4 > /etc/init.d.
5 >
6 > I'm wondering how wise it is to have tools other than re-update and
7 > /etc/conf.d dinking around with basic services. It seems like starting
8 > an unwanted ethernet device could even have serious security problems.
9
10 That's why you would disable hotplugging for network devices in such a
11 situation, as described much earlier in this thread,
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Assassins do it from behind.