From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: What is starting net.eth1 [not in rc-update]
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 16:45:22
1 Ian Lee <ian@×××××××××××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 >> They are all present in /etc/runlevels.
4 >>
5 >> And again I see no reference to net.eth1 or hwclock
9 > that udev rule starts any found network devices on your system net.sh
10 > is just a wrapper to the net.* scripts in init.d, if you never use
11 > eth1 then remove net.eth1 from /etc/init.d.
12
13 Well that kind of sucks. I don't use eth1 often but I do want it in
14 /etc/init.d.
15
16 I'm wondering how wise it is to have tools other than re-update and
17 /etc/conf.d dinking around with basic services. It seems like starting
18 an unwanted ethernet device could even have serious security problems.
19
20 Having to remove it from /etc/init.d doesn't sound like a very good
21 solution either.