From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: !!!!
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 00:30:01
1 On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 15:52:53 -0400
2 Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Like a stupid dumbfuck, I tried to update my machine today....
5 >
6 > tortoise ~ # revdep-rebuild
7 > /bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot
8 > open shared object file: No such file or directory
9 > tortoise ~ # ufed
10 > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
11 > shared object file: No such file or directory
12 > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
13 > shared object file: No such file or directory
14 > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
15 > shared object file: No such file or directory
16 > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
17 > shared object file: No such file or directory
18 > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
19 > shared object file: No such file or directory
20 > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
21 > shared object file: No such file or directory
22 >
23 > Couldn't determine EPREFIX and PORTDIR from Portage
24 > INIT failed--call queue aborted.
25 > tortoise ~ #
26 >
27 > !!!!
28 >
29 > GOOD JOB, PENGUINS!!!
30 > I won't even be able to reboot my machine!!!
31
32 In addition to the suggestions already made by other posters, it's good
33 to keep busybox in mind. Depending on how you boot your machine, there
34 is usually a way you can pass 'init=/bin/bb' to the kernel at boot time.
35
36 You can do wonderful stuff with busybox when you're in a bind.