From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: old kernels are installed during the upgrade
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2018 20:28:29
1 On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 3:20 PM, Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > It's adequate to update your software when a security hole was fixed - on
4 > the point. Not two or three months later...
7 And on that note I see that upstream just released 4.14.11 containing
8 what is widely speculated as a fix for an Intel CPU security
9 vulnerability. I noticed that it doesn't disable the
10 performance-impacting setting on AMD CPUs. Though, right now only AMD
11 could say whether this is necessary (their lkml post suggests it is
12 not). This is an upstream release - I don't know when Gentoo plans to
13 release it. I'm sure it will be making the rounds in the various news
14 sites any day.
17 Rich