From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there a PowerShell package?
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 23:24:29
1 On Saturday 12 Nov 2016 23:20:06 Bertram Scharpf wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > for a special job I need to do a piece of work in Microsofts
5 > PowerShell, but I have no Windows machine running. I know
6 > that there is a PowerShell for Linux because I have one
7 > installed on a Ubuntu. Yet, I do not want to shut down my
8 > Gentoo and boot Ubuntu every time when I have to try
9 > something in PowerShell. I would like to install it on
10 > Gentoo.
11 >
12 > I did not find a PowerShell package in the portage
13 > directories and I did not find anything by Google. Is there
14 > a package at all (maybe somewhere in the overlays) and I did
15 > just miss to enter the right search terms?
16 >
17 > Thanks in advance.
18 >
19 > Bertram Scharpf
20
21 You could running PowerShell in Wine:
22
23 https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=8049
24
25 Alternatively, you could install MSWindows in a VM, e.g. using VirtualBox, and
26 launch this within your Gentoo session without having to logoff/on every time.
27
28 Also, if you don't need the complete MSWindows desktop and you have a server
29 handy, you could run the MSWindows VM there and access the PowerShell
30 application remotely with RemoteApp.
31
32 HTH.
35 Regards,