From: eroen <eroen@××××××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 20:46:43
1 On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 14:34:34 -0600, Daniel Campbell <lists@××××××××.us>
2 wrote:
3 > Why didn't they consider runit? It has parallel execution of daemons
4 > and is backwards compatible with sysv. It has a few other
5 > mini-features as well, iirc. I used for a little while before Arch
6 > pushed systemd on their community and it was interesting.
9 I'll just put this link to a forum thread on epoch from late last year,
10 in case any potentially interested party has not seen it yet. It's
11 available in the gentoo package tree, and from the thread it seems to
12 have workable integration.
13
14 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-975382-highlight-epoch.html
18 eroen