From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Optional /usr merge in Gentoo
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 16:40:18
1 On 2013-08-19 9:36 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > For me, I'm not opposed to merging /usr. I'm not opposed to other people
3 > using systemd, I am opposed to*me* using it.
4
5 Agreed, and that is precisely the concern here...
6
7 > For your other question, you don't need an initramfs if your /usr is not
8 > split off and drivers for your fs on / and chipset are compiled in. That
9 > will stay true for ages to come (until some joker starts shipping kernel
10 > drivers in /var....)
11
12 Right, but that wasn't my question, my question was will I be able to
13 continue using eudev (or mdev, or whatever)...