From: Drew <drew.kay@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 64-bit system?
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 03:58:53
1 > But besides that - my AMD64 3000+ just rocks. I had definitely much more
2 > problems with 64-bit XP, but since getting rid of it (XP not problems) I am
3 > fully 64-bit positive :D
4
5 Getting a bit Off-Topic but I'm extremely disappointed with XP x64. I
6 upgraded from Pro (32) thinking I'd basically get XP but with a few
7 broken apps (nothing I run). Turns out ActiveSync won't run in x64
8 despite M$ saying it does and HP won't write drivers for my LaserJet
9 1012 which is funny given the hpijs driver I thought was
10 supported(sorta) by HP (a couple of HP techs work on the prject I
11 thought). This means I have to use a Generic LaserJet driver that
12 doesn't give me the feature set I expect from my printer..
13
14 On the flip side, with the fresh install, VMware is actually quite
15 snappy. I can now compile X in VMware, listen to a mp3 stream in
16 winamp, and play The Sims 2 all at once without lag. Of course 2GB of
17 RAM will do that to ya. :)
20 -Drew
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list