From: Patrick Brjesson <psycho@××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] equery, make.conf USE flag mismatch on amd64
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 13:08:04
1 On 2006-03-08 00:20, Kumar Golap uttered these thoughts:
2 > I have the following USE in my make.conf (on an athlon64 machine)
3 > USE="3dnow xorg a52 alsa acpi arts avi berkdb cdr crypt cups dvdr dvd
4 > encode foomaticdb ffmpeg flac gdbm gif gpm gtk gtk2 hal imlib jpeg kde
5 > gnome libg++ libwww lm_sensors mad mikmod mmx motif mpeg mysql ncurses
6 > nls oggvorbis opengl pam pam_console pdflib png python qt quicktime
7 > readline sdl slang spell sse ssl svga tcpd tiff truetype usb X xml2
8 > xmms xv zlib f77 v4l win32codecs"
11 > And when i do: equery uses xawtv i get the following:
12 > [ Searching for packages matching xawtv... ]
13 > [ Colour Code : set unset ]
14 > [ Legend : Left column (U) - USE flags from make.conf
15 > ]
16 > [ : Right column (I) - USE flags packages was installed with ]
17 > [ Found these USE variables for media-tv/xawtv-3.95-r1 ]
18 [snip]
19 > - - mmx : Adds support for optimizations for Pentium MMX and
20 > Athlon class processors
21 [snip]
22
23 > Please note that "mmx" seems to be missing in both columns. despite
24 > that its there in my USE in make.conf
25 >
26 > When i do: emerge --pretend --newuse xawtv
27 >
28 > It basically reports that nothing need to be done
29
30 Try a
31 $ emerge -vp xawtv
32 and see if the mmx useflag is set in that output... If not, then do a
33 $ emerge --info
34 and see if the useflag output from that command includes mmx. If not,
35 you've probably got a typo of some sort in your make.conf since the mmx
36 useflag is not profile-masked on the amd64 (use.mask under your
37 /etc/make.profile symlink).
38
39 > Is this a bug in equery or is it that i can't set mmx on an Athlon64 ?
40
41 Might be, but probably not ;)
44 Regards,
45 Patrick B�rjesson
48 / () The ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML Email
49 \ /\ and proprietary formats.