From: Daniel Barkalow <barkalow@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gtk+ / Cairo / pdf-flag mutual build problem.
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 04:25:19
1 On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 02:23:08PM -0500, Daniel Barkalow wrote
4 >
5 > > > Calculating dependencies... done!
6 > > > [ebuild R ] x11-libs/cairo-1.2.4 USE="X png -directfb -doc -glitz
7 > > > -svg (-pdf%)" 0 kB
8 > > >
9 > > > Oops... note the "(-pdf%)". This option is simply not allowed for
10 > > > Cairo on my system. I threw in "--skipfirst" into the emerge command,
11 > > > and it seems to be working so far. But back to my main problem... how
12 > > > do I reconcile gtk+ and Cairo?
13 > >
14 > > Actually, the cairo ebuild now unconditionally enables pdf support; the
15 > > USE flag is not allowed because it is no longer possible to disable pdf
16 > > support. (Portage doesn't have a way to express the differences between
17 > > something not being a USE flag because it is unsupported and because it is
18 > > automatic, but if you look in the ebuild, you'll find that it's using
19 > > "--enable-pdf")
20 > >
21 > > So gtk+ should be happy once you re-emerge cairo even without changing use
22 > > flags.
23 >
24 > So why does the flag show up at all when I do an "emerge -pv"?
25
26 Your currently installed package came from an ebuild which had it
27 available (and not set), so it's reporting that currently the USE flags
28 include "-pdf", and rebuilding will cause that to go away.
29
30 -Daniel
31 *This .sig left intentionally blank*
32 --