From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gtk+ / Cairo / pdf-flag mutual build problem.
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 04:17:41
1 On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 02:23:08PM -0500, Daniel Barkalow wrote
2
3 > > Calculating dependencies... done!
4 > > [ebuild R ] x11-libs/cairo-1.2.4 USE="X png -directfb -doc -glitz
5 > > -svg (-pdf%)" 0 kB
6 > >
7 > > Oops... note the "(-pdf%)". This option is simply not allowed for
8 > > Cairo on my system. I threw in "--skipfirst" into the emerge command,
9 > > and it seems to be working so far. But back to my main problem... how
10 > > do I reconcile gtk+ and Cairo?
11 >
12 > Actually, the cairo ebuild now unconditionally enables pdf support; the
13 > USE flag is not allowed because it is no longer possible to disable pdf
14 > support. (Portage doesn't have a way to express the differences between
15 > something not being a USE flag because it is unsupported and because it is
16 > automatic, but if you look in the ebuild, you'll find that it's using
17 > "--enable-pdf")
18 >
19 > So gtk+ should be happy once you re-emerge cairo even without changing use
20 > flags.
21
22 So why does the flag show up at all when I do an "emerge -pv"?
25 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
26 My musings on technology and security at http://techsec.blog.ca
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list