From: Stephen Liu <satimis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo failed to start
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 02:55:39
1 Hi Richard,
2
3 Tks for your advice.
4
5 > On 8/31/06, Stephen Liu <satimis@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > > After activating lv, mounting all devices, etc., coming to;
7 > > # mount -t proc none /mnt/gentoo/proc
8 > > # mount -o bind /dev /mnt/gentoo/dev
9 > > # env-update
10 > > -/bin/bash:env-update:command not found.
11 >
12 > You need to chroot to /mnt/gentoo before running etc-update:
13
14 Yes I did. Sorry for not listing them on my previous posting. Steps
15 taken previously as follows;
16
17 # cd /mnt/gentoo
18 # mount -t proc none /mnt/gentoo/proc
19 # mount -o bind /dev/mnt/gentoo/dev
20 # chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash
21 # env-update
22 -/bin/bash:env-update:command not found.
23
24 other commands also not found.
27 If I start again wiping out the complete HD, following the steps on the
28 handbook. Then it worked seamlessly.
29
30 # env-update
31 >> Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache....
32
33 I can't resolve if after exiting chroot and re-enter chroot, commands
34 will disappear. I tried many times in my previous rounds.
37 > I think you've gotten confused by which console you are working on.
38 > Normally the live CD starts several consoles (6?), that are
39 > accessible
40 > on Alt+F1 through Alt+F6. (The Ctrl+Alt combination is only needed
41 > when switching from X to a console). So most likely, you were
42 > working
43 > on tty1 (Alt+F1).
44
45 I'm sure on my previous rounds, [Ctrl+Alt+F4] switching back to the
46 working console. Sometimes all work were there. Another time they
47 were lost.
48
49 I'll try your advice "Alt+F1" next time. Tks
52 B.R.
53 SL
54 --
55 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list