From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: New mobo change
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 03:09:44
1 William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > On 21/10/13 07:52, Dale wrote:
3 >> Edward M wrote:
4 >>> On 10/20/2013 2:19 PM, Dale wrote:
5 >>>> I still think this is a kernel issue. I just don't know which part. I
6 >>>> have tried switching stuff on/off and such but nothing works. I'm
7 >>>> thinking about putting my sledge hammer to work. :/
8 >>> Hello,
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >>> Have you tried booting into a linux distro that offers a
12 >>> recent live cd to see
13 >>> if that distro can properly detect and load the needed
14 >>> drivers? And If they work, then you can find out which drivers were
15 >>> loaded.
16 >>>
17 >>>
18 >> I did once before and it failed to boot with a error. I didn't write it
19 >> down. I may try that later on tho. I have since updated sysrescue.
20 >> While it is not like I want it, the mouse does move when I poke it. lol
21 >>
22 >> Thanks for the reminder tho. I'll post results when I try it.
23 >>
24 >> Dale
25 >>
26 >> :-) :-)
27 >>
28 > sysrescuecd is gentoo based ... try ubuntu or linuxmint to provide a
29 > better "spread" of capabilities.
30 >
31 > Have you checked the bios for usb parameters (i.e., defaults to off, or
32 > wrong mode?) - whats on offer "in" the bios may not be the same as when
33 > you exit it.
34 >
35 > Billk
40 I rebooted and the newest sysrescue still wouldn't boot up. It says it
41 can't find /sysrcd.dat which I think is caused because it can't use the
42 USB port that the sysrescue stick is plugged into. So, I booted Knoppix
43 instead from DVD. Success. I got a list of drivers from lspci and plan
44 to research them and see if I am missing something. If not, I may just
45 start with a fresh config and see if that helps.
46
47 At least the mobo is working tho. That's a good thing. It's a start at
48 least.
49
50 Dale
51
55 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!