From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: New mobo change
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 01:28:25
1 On 21/10/13 07:52, Dale wrote:
2 > Edward M wrote:
3 >> On 10/20/2013 2:19 PM, Dale wrote:
4 >>> I still think this is a kernel issue. I just don't know which part. I
5 >>> have tried switching stuff on/off and such but nothing works. I'm
6 >>> thinking about putting my sledge hammer to work. :/
7 >>
8 >> Hello,
11 >> Have you tried booting into a linux distro that offers a
12 >> recent live cd to see
13 >> if that distro can properly detect and load the needed
14 >> drivers? And If they work, then you can find out which drivers were
15 >> loaded.
18 > I did once before and it failed to boot with a error. I didn't write it
19 > down. I may try that later on tho. I have since updated sysrescue.
20 > While it is not like I want it, the mouse does move when I poke it. lol
21 >
22 > Thanks for the reminder tho. I'll post results when I try it.
23 >
24 > Dale
25 >
29 sysrescuecd is gentoo based ... try ubuntu or linuxmint to provide a
30 better "spread" of capabilities.
31
32 Have you checked the bios for usb parameters (i.e., defaults to off, or
33 wrong mode?) - whats on offer "in" the bios may not be the same as when
34 you exit it.
35
36 Billk