From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's with foomatic-filters and cups-filters?
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 22:08:20
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > And I haven't even touched on CUPS' "feature" that requires you to
3 > delete and re-add back all your printers after any remerge. Ask Dale
4 > about this, he's the resident expert and he's even figured out how to
5 > get hplip to work.
6
7 Every time I upgrade CUPS or hplip, I go to a Konsole and type in
8 hp-setup as root. A window pops up and I just set the printer up again,
9 it's GUI based. So far, that has worked. Don't jinx it tho. lol
10
11 If needed, I go to my web browser to CUPS and delete the printer first.
12
13 Since I ran out of ink, I haven't printed in a while however, the same
14 works on my brothers puter and he runs Kubuntu. Well, was my brothers
15 anyway. :/
16
17 Dale
18
22 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!