From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's with foomatic-filters and cups-filters?
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 22:15:41
1 On 06/08/2014 03:08 PM, Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > Every time I upgrade CUPS or hplip, I go to a Konsole and type in
4 > hp-setup as root. A window pops up and I just set the printer up again,
5 > it's GUI based. So far, that has worked. Don't jinx it tho. lol
6
7 Yep, same here. I read a lot of horror stories getting it to work, and
8 when I first installed hplip it didn't do anything until I googled and
9 found I had to run hp-setup with elevated privileges. I haven't had any
10 issues printing - hplip prints great with my CP1025nw.
13 > If needed, I go to my web browser to CUPS and delete the printer first.
14
15 I hate updating cups and hplip, I've masked newer versions and will only
16 update when I really have to. (Like another package needing a new
17 version of something-or-other.)
20 > Since I ran out of ink, I haven't printed in a while however, the same
21 > works on my brothers puter and he runs Kubuntu. Well, was my brothers
22 > anyway. :/
23
24 I'm using hplip on Ubuntu, Mint, and Gentoo.
25
26 Dan