From: Qi Baobin <baobin.qi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] blocking package can't be found
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:35:30
1 I think it's bidirections. Becourse I got 'A blocks B' one, when both of
2 them weren't installed.(I was installing C,and I don't know why C
3 depends on both A and B).
4
5 On 14:55 Thu 10 Apr , Uwe Thiem wrote:
6 > On Thursday 10 April 2008, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
7 > > On Thursday 10 April 2008, 14:08, Alan McKinnon wrote:
8 > > > In any event, when portage says "A blocks B" your options and
9 > > > always only:
10 > > >
11 > > > - unmerge B and optionally remerge or upgrade it later
12 > > > - do not use A
13 > >
14 > > I have always resolved "A blocks B" problems by unmerging A. After
15 > > that, portage was not complaining anymore, and B emerged fine.
16 > >
17 > > Or at least, that's what I think I did :-)
18 >
19 > That was what I did as well in the past. Didn't work this time because
20 > I couldn't unmerge A because it apparently wasn't installed yet.
21 >
22 > Obviously Alan was right because all went well after I unmerged B. The
23 > problem remains that I am pretty sure I will draw the same conclusion
24 > next time this happens. Well, I will read Alans explanation another
25 > couple of times. Maybe enlightenment will eventual strike me. ;-)
26 >
27 > Uwe
28 >
29 > --