From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] blocking package can't be found
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:56:06
1 On Thursday 10 April 2008, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
2 > On Thursday 10 April 2008, 14:08, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > In any event, when portage says "A blocks B" your options and
4 > > always only:
5 > >
6 > > - unmerge B and optionally remerge or upgrade it later
7 > > - do not use A
8 >
9 > I have always resolved "A blocks B" problems by unmerging A. After
10 > that, portage was not complaining anymore, and B emerged fine.
11 >
12 > Or at least, that's what I think I did :-)
13
14 That was what I did as well in the past. Didn't work this time because
15 I couldn't unmerge A because it apparently wasn't installed yet.
16
17 Obviously Alan was right because all went well after I unmerged B. The
18 problem remains that I am pretty sure I will draw the same conclusion
19 next time this happens. Well, I will read Alans explanation another
20 couple of times. Maybe enlightenment will eventual strike me. ;-)
21
22 Uwe
25 Informal Linux Group Namibia:
26 http://www.linux.org.na/