From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NIC not detected after Kernel upgrade
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 01:17:46
1 On 15 Feb 2009, at 21:31, Guillermo Garron wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I am running now
4 >
5 > uname -a
6 >
7 > Linux gentoo 2.6.25-gentoo-r8 #7 SMP Sun Nov 16 16:29:29 BOT 2008 i686
8 > Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
9 >
10 > ...
11 > And the used to generate the new kernel (where NIC is not detected)
12 >
13 > http://www.go2linux.org/pics/other_files/gentoo/guille1.config.txt
14
15 I'm inclined to sumbit to the expertise of others when choosing kernel
16 compilation options, and so I generally boot a recent liveCD and take
17 a copy of the kernel .config from there (`zcat /proc/config.gz`)
18
19 System Rescue CD uses a kernel of about the same vintage as the one
20 you're trying to upgrade to. I suggest you boot with it & see if your
21 NIC works. If so, copy the kernel config & `make oldconfig`.
22 http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page
23
24 Stroller.