From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] thunderbird/firefox conflict
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 17:23:08
1 On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 13:11:09 +0200, Holly Bostick wrote:
2
3 > I was going to post a question as to whether anybody knew how many more
4 > revisions we're going to see to the Mozilla programs in the next couple
5 > days; I understand heavy development, but three upgrades in three days
6 > is a bit much even for me (since it takes an hour and a half or so to
7 > compile each program, and further means I have to use Konq for that time
8 > if I don't want to mess up ff by having it loaded while it's upgrading.
9
10 Use emerge -B pkg to build a binary. Then install it in a few seconds
11 with emerge -k pkg.
12
13 Or you could just use Konqueror, which doesn't seem to be plagued with
14 hourly security fixes ;-)
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Found my .sig, it was in behind the cushion on the settee.