From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] thunderbird/firefox conflict
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:15:47
1 Zac Medico schreef:
2 > Patrick Rutkowski wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Friday 22 July 2005 23:31, Ryan Sims wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> I just upgraded to mozilla-thunderbird-bin-1.0.6-r1 and
7 >>> mozilla-firefox-bin-1.0.6-r1, and they seem to be conflicting with
8 >>> each other, i.e. when I install firefox, running thunderbird gives me
9 >>> a "/usr/libexec/mozilla-launcher: can't find the browser :-(" error,
10 >>> so I remerge thunderbird and it runs, but I find that then firefox
11 >>> gives me the same error. I've done this a couple of times, and
12 >>> resynced.
13 >>>
14 >>> Well, I looked at the ebuilds, because I noticed that the thunderbird
15 >>> merge was installing a lot of stuff in "/opt/firefox" which seemed
16 >>> wrong, and sure enough I found this in the thunderbird-bin-1.0.6-r1:
17 >>>
18 >>> (line 36) src_install () {
19 >>> declare MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/opt/firefox
20 >>>
21 >>> The thunderbird-bin-1.0.5-r1 ebuild seems to use /opt/thunderbird as its
22 >>> home...
23 >>>
24 >>> Changelog doesn't seem to mention anything....was thinking about
25 >>> opening a bug report?
26 >>>
27 >
28 > I give you permission to file a bug ;-). Something's not right about that.
29 >
30 May already be solved; both firefox and tbird went to 1.0.6-r2 very
31 early today.
32
33 I've gotta say, I'm getting tired of upgrading them (I saw the upgrade
34 to 1.0.6 two days ago, but waited; there was an upgrade to 1.0.6-r1,
35 which I took yesterday afternoon, and today I have to upgrade to 1.0.6-r2).
36
37 There was also an upgrade to the version of mozilla launcher in the past
38 day and a half; in my original emerge -uaDtv world, 1.39 was proposed, a
39 few hours later, when I finally got around to actually upgrading (after
40 another, "extra" sync), the version had been bumped to 1.45.
41
42 In any case, I'm not having any problems with firefox or tbird 1.0.6-r1
43 atm-- but then again, I'm not using the bins. But, amazingly, Enigmail
44 works out of the box on upgrade (which is a first; I usually have to
45 reinstall it), and I was clever enough to backup my search plugins
46 before upgrading (and order them in user.js, which should be
47 unaffected), so as soon as I upgrade (again), I should be able to put
48 them back and move on with my life.
49
50 I was going to post a question as to whether anybody knew how many more
51 revisions we're going to see to the Mozilla programs in the next couple
52 days; I understand heavy development, but three upgrades in three days
53 is a bit much even for me (since it takes an hour and a half or so to
54 compile each program, and further means I have to use Konq for that time
55 if I don't want to mess up ff by having it loaded while it's upgrading.
56
57 So I'd love to know if this is likely to settle down soon, if anybody
58 happens to follow the relevant development.
59
60 Holly
61 --
62 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list