From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] thunderbird/firefox conflict
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 13:23:01
1 Holly Bostick wrote:
2 > I understand heavy development, but three
3 > upgrades in three days is a bit much even for me
4
5 Come on, Holly, when you're running unstable (~x86), you've got to
6 be ready to take frequent updates. Or, to circumvent this, you
7 could sync less often: once a week works fine here.
8
9 > (since it takes
10 > an hour and a half or so to compile each program, and further
11 > means I have to use Konq for that time if I don't want to mess up
12 > ff by having it loaded while it's upgrading.
13
14 There's no problem with using Firefox while it is being compiled.
15 Only as soon as it has actually been merged, it may be wise to
16 restart it.
17
18 Benno
19 --