From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: VLC stopped working: XML reader not found
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 03:19:17
1 On 2020-03-22, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > The only other Qt GUI app I have installed (AFAICT) is wireshark. It
5 > worked fine a few days ago, and now it segfaults too.
6 >
7 > ... I installed qterminal as a quick test, and it segfaults also.
8
9 I checked another system that was also upgraded and VLC works fine
10 there. Back on the first system I tried emerge --dep-clean, and it
11 complained about the old 5.13 qt package versions being missing. So I
12 did
13
14 emerge --update --newuse --deep --with-bdeps=y @world
15
16 And all of the 5.14 qt package got emerged again. Now Qt apps work.
17
18 I don't know why they "emerge -auvND world" command that originally
19 did the upgrade didn't work right.
22 Grant