From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot start up KDE desktop Environment
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 03:26:14
1 2011/11/12 Lavender <lavender_matrix@×××.com>:
2 > I have recompiled the kernel as <The X server configuration howto> says.
3 >
4 > But when I emerge xorg-server it had errors:
5 >
6 > !!!Error: The xorg-x11 OpenGL implementation doesn't seem to provide
7 >
8 > !!!Error: libGL.so file. This might be an effect of breakage introduced
9 >
10 > by a prioprietary driver installer. Please re-merge the package
11 >
12 > !!!Error: providing your OpenGL imp
13 > lementation
14 >
15 > !!!Error: Selected OpenGL implementation incomplete
16 >
17 > Hmm, installing KDE is not that easy.
18 >
19 > So what's wrong with this?
23 I don't think that has anything to do with KDE.
24
25 Maybe this forum thread is part of the answer?
26
27 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-886248-start-0.html
28
29 - Mark