From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: partition-based backup/cloning tool...
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 16:03:14
1 Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > is there some software for "live" partition backup/copying/cloning
5 > with raw/smart copying capabilities, like Acronis TrueImage, Norton
6 > Ghost or O&O DiskImage in windows-world?
7 >
8 > Some of them should have linux version (e.g. clonezilla), but I did
9 > not find anything in portage...
10
11 I just noticed sys-block/partimage, which may do what you want, but
12 I've never used it. One of the patchfiles mentions mbr_backup.cpp,
13 which sounds promising. Hey, it's free so give it a try.